Being an Autonomous, Rajarambapu Institute of Technology, Rajaramnagar has designed and incorporated Choice Based Curriculum structure for Engineering and MBA students by keeping in view the need of current Global scenario.CBCSprovides a learning platform wherein the student or knowledge seeker has the flexibility to choose their course from a list of elective, core and soft skill courses. This is a student-centric approach to learning or acquiring higher education.CBCS helps to improve performance, outcomes, entrepreneurship skills, innovation and creativity talents of students.
1. CBCS for First Year
Languages like Japanese, German and English are incorporated in curriculum of First year Engineering Students. Wherein students need to select one language for study. Open Elective is included in structure which includes the subjects like, Green Technology, Engineering Materials, Creativity, Design Thinking and Entrepreneurial Mind set, Basics of Electronics Engineering, Thermodynamics etc.
1.1 Engineering Exploration and design Thinking Course for first year:
This course develops the student to work in interdisciplinary streams. Under this project two laboratories have been included which are given below.
- Learning Studio: Under this lab basic concepts of mechanical, Electronics, automobile, Electrical and computer science are taught to all F.Y. students. e.g. Mechanism design, PLC basics & programming etc.
- TinkeringLab: In this lab students develop small projects. Various tools are provided in this lab like laser cutting machine, hand tools, grinders, soldering guns and many more.
2. CBCS for Second Year
For second year engineering students following Professional Skill Development courses (PSD) are added in curriculum
- Personal Effectiveness and Body Language,
- Interpersonal Skills (Work life Balance)
- Leadership and Public Speaking,
- Corporate Competency
From 2018-19 following courses are added with previous courses of PSD.
- Innovation Tools and Methods for Entrepreneurs,
- Japanese language (Basic & Advanced),
- German language (Basic & Advanced)
Also, Comprehensive exam is added in curriculum of Semester III to VI to prepare the students for GATE/IES and other competitive exams.
3. CBCS for Third Year
- 4 week Industry internship is mandatory for all students. After completion of fourth semester (in vacation period) student should undergo this internship.
- One Mandatory Course i. e. Biology for Engineers is added as compulsory course in this year.
- In sixth semester students should do Capstone project – I.
- For third Year students, Program Elective is included in curriculum. Students can select one program elective from given list as per their requirements and interest.
- Aptitude training with 2 credits is a part of third year syllabus to assess logical reasoning or thinking performance of students. Aptitude Training, I & II courses are offered in Fifth and Sixth semester respectively.
- Concept of CDIO (Conceive Design Implement Operate)is implemented for Mechanical students.The framework provides students with an education stressing engineering fundamental set in the context of Conceiving -Designing-Implementing -Operating real-world systems and products.
Products developed by the Third-Year students under CDIO
- More than 45 Innovative projects developed by student groups.
- More than 5 groups filed patents
4. CBCS for final Year
For final year B.Tech and MBA courses a major change is incorporated in syllabus which includes choice based three track systems. Under this system, students can select one choice from,
- Industry Internship & Project (IIP)
- Undergraduate Research Experience (URE)
- Entrepreneurship Development (ED)